Apr 11, 2012

The Bully Project

We have all witnessed bullying, and we have all experienced bullying. As BBGs we can help end bullying. 

"Bullying breaks my heart. To see the hopeless look on that innocent kid's face always hurts. I learned from my mom that you really never know what's going on in someone's life, and though this isn't related to the physical bullying you see in The Bully Project, this something far more common at Stevenson, or especially at the middle schools. What I'm referring to includes making judgements, or talking behind people's backs. The girl who dresses differently at school might not have the money to buy her nice clothes from Lucky Brand, or Urban or whatever. Or maybe she doesn't have a mom to help her out with that kind of stuff. And maybe that girl who is "such a slut" or "such a bitch" is going through a really tough time at home. We never know, so think about that the next time you talk some harmless gossip with your girlfriends. We are all people trying to survive the same craziness we go through every day, as humans, and as BBG, we should be the bigger person, say no to bullying, and sign the petition to end it. "
~Emma Schneider, Mazkirah

I notice bullying a lot going to stevenson. I was lucky enough to get to see this movie at International Convention and talk to the parents of a boy in the movie who took his own life. It was overwhelming what I learned from this movie and I think it's something everyone needs to see. It all starts with just one person, bevause that can make all the difference. 
~Sydney Rabinowitz, MIT mom

Truthfully, I've never been full out bullied, and I'm lucky. Not because I'm so tough, and not because there's nothing wrong with me because that is not the case. But I guess people just never got around to making my life miserable daily. However, small instances here and there about my appearance and etc. can occur and obviously, they make me really upset, make me feel subhuman, and like I'm not good enough for someone. But some people aren't so lucky, if you can even call that luck. Bullies need to be reminded that there's one of them and many of us, they need to be stood up to and told, "it's not funny, stop it." Because one day, it's going to be too much, and that day should never have the opportunity to come. 
~Leah Davis, S'ganit 

Bullying is simply not okay. It's demoralizing, degrading, and just makes people feel terrible about themselves. It's important to keep in mind that bullying comes in so many different forms. Even just one seemingly harmless statement can stick with a person all day long or even ruin their week. When this or any other form of bullying occurs, one cannot let the bully win. They do not know best. They are not the better person. In order to stop bullying, we need to stand up for ourselves and for those around us because each and every person is valuable and no one deserves to be bullied.
~Jennifer Pollack, Gizborit

In middle school I had a very small group of very close friends. We all got along fine until one of the girls told a lie about me. It was so extreme that now, I feel so uncomfortable around the people that used to be my best friends. The girl that told the lies was a bully. I know it's stupid of me to think, oh well why can't we all just be friends, but bullying is such a difficult thing to go to. Whenever I am around people I always think about what I'm going to say. I don't know how someone will react to my words, and I don't want anyone to have to go through the same loneliness I went through when I experience bullying first hand
-Abbie Brenner, Katvanit 

No comments:

Post a Comment